If you’re in need of a “dump meal” then have I got the meal for you! I don’t even have measurements for you, it really is just a dump this and a sprinkle of that.
I am going to briefly explain how I make this meal for my family of 4 (the toddler doesn’t eat too much and the infant certainly doesn’t eat this). You can EASILY make this meal for a larger family… easily… did I emphasize the fact that this meal is easy?
What you need: Chicken breasts, taco seasoning, salsa, and cheese.
How to Assemble
- Place the chicken breasts in a 9×13 dish. (For a quicker cook time, cut the chicken breasts in half or purchase halved chicken breast)
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning evenly over the chicken breasts
- Dump your desired amount of salsa over the chicken breasts
- Cook at 350F for 20-25 min
- Sprinkle/Dump your desired amount of cheese on the chicken
- Place back into the oven until the cheese melts – approx 5 min.
To make this a meal serve with rice and a veggie. I’ve made it with brown rice and jasmine. My favorite is jasmine, my husbands favorite is brown, but, since I cook I get to choose!
I like to add a lot of salsa and cheese to make a kind of “sauce” to mix with the rice. Be careful when adding too much taco seasoning as it is very strong.
This meal is ridiculously easy and delicious. Have fun with it and try different spices or mix up the salsa. Let me know how it turns out in the comments below!